A big dirty burger with everything but the bun! And definitely not dirty 🙂
Serves 4 (2 adults and 2 children)
- 500g 5% minced beef
- 1 free range eggs
- Handful fresh parsley
- Splash of worcestershire sauce
Toppings (we’re having bacon, avocado and fried onions, with some grated cheddar, top your burger with your favourite toppings)
- 4 rashers bacon
- Half an avocado
- Beef tomato sliced in big slices
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 red onion, sliced thinlyHalf an iceburg lettuce, chopped roughly a la McDonalds burgers
- Pickled gherkins
1. Mix all the burger ingredients in a bowl, once it’s roughly mixed, get your hands in there and squish it through your fingers until it’s a bit smoother.
2. Divide in half and then into four, I make two large and two little as my children are still quite small and The Boy isn’t a huge meat eater.
3. Heat 1tbsp coconut oil in a griddle pan on medium high heat and cook the burgers for approximately 10 minutes on the first side and somewhere between 5 and 10 on the other. Smaller burgers won’t take as long and thicker burgers will take a little longer!
4. Cook your bacon under the grill until crispy, you can do this while you’re burgers are cooking.
6. Meanwhile, also fry your onions in either coconut or avocado oil until they’re soft and starting to brown.
7. Stack up your salad.
- Iceburg lettuce
- Beef tomato slice
I like to squeeze over a little bit of ketchup and American mustard.
—photos will be added tonight when I cook it!—